ABOUT BROADWICK SOHO
This privacy statement is issued by Broadwick Soho. The principal website of Broadwick Soho is www.broadwicksoho.com
Broadwick Soho is the "data controller" in relation to your personal data. The term "data controller" broadly means the person who determines the purpose and means for which your data is processed. Your personal data includes any information that you provide to us, that we collect or that we are provided with by third parties and that identifies you, or from which you are identifiable, whether directly or indirectly. We may collect, use, store and transfer the following personal data about you:
Data you give us:
- When you place an order or make a reservation on the Broadwick Soho website, or any other integrated and linked website connected to Broadwick Soho;
- When you use the social media pages under our control, through which this privacy statement can be accessed;
- When you create an account on the Broadwick Soho website;
- When you stay at Broadwick Soho;
- By filling in forms on the Broadwick Soho website;
- By downloading or registering with the Broadwick Soho mobile app;
- When you use the Broadwick Soho website;
- When you sign up to receive email updates from us;
- When you ask us to provide you with marketing communications such as newsletters, updates or information about special events or promotions;
- If you ask us to keep in touch with you or provide you with personalised content (such as targeted advertising);
- If you contact us or correspond with us (for example, by phone, email or otherwise) for any reason; or
- When you provide us with comments, opinions and/or feedback about Broadwick Soho.
Data we collect about you when you visit or use the Broadwick Soho website:
- Technical information, including the type of device (and its unique device identifier) you use to access the Broadwick Soho website, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device, your device and component serial numbers, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating systems, mobile network information and platform and details of any referring website or application; and
- Information about your visit to the Broadwick Soho website including full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from any associated Broadwick Street Holdings owned websites (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response time, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Data we collect from or are provided with by third parties. We may be given information about you from third parties, such as social media platforms or anyone making a booking on your behalf. We may also collect information that is publicly available, for example, when we interact with you through social media.
The provision of certain personal data by you to us (such as your name, email address, contact information, payment details including credit card, passport or ID card number with date and place of issue, consumption choices and habits, information on packages booked, promotion or surveys relating to the services and stay and such other information relating to the purchase of a service as may be indicated by Broadwick Soho) will be compulsory or obligatory in order for Broadwick Soho to perform the relevant services for the identified purposes. Broadwick Soho may not be able to perform the relevant services for the identified purposes if you fail to supply the relevant personal data.
Where personal data of a minor or another person is submitted by you, you confirm that you have authority to provide such data to us on behalf of that minor or other person to enable us to process their personal data as described in this privacy statement.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Broadwick Soho uses the personal data for relevant purposes (such as processing a booking or payment or making a reservation), where we have a legal basis to use your personal data without consent. This privacy statement fulfils our duty to process personal data fairly and lawfully and in a manner that you would expect given the nature of our relationship with you, by giving you appropriate notice and explanation of the way in which your personal data will be used.
Where consent is required for our use of your personal data as described above, we will request your consent. Typically, we would collect your consent by you performing an action such as ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent to us (for example, by email or by you providing us with non-mandatory information), you consent to our use of that personal data as set out in this privacy statement. For example, we will only process your personal data for marketing purposes if we have your consent to do so. Please see here for further information on this.
MARKETING AND YOUR CHOICES
We may, if you have given us your consent and in line with your choices, provide you with information by post, telephone, email and SMS, which may be of interest to you in respect of Broadwick Soho. Where you have consented to receiving our direct marketing online this means that you could be presented with our advertisements while using the Broadwick Soho website or the services of our online partners. For example, if you have given us this consent we may run a Facebook advertisement campaign, which could include our advertisements being presented to you while you are on Facebook. We may also personalise the content that you see using analytical or profiling tools. We will only provide you with marketing communications if you would like us to. You will have the opportunity to clearly set out whether you wish to receive marketing messages from us by ticking the relevant boxes.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share or disclose your personal data in connection with the purposes described in this privacy statement. This may include sharing your personal data with the following:
- All departments within Broadwick Soho for marketing, business, administrative and legal purposes (for example, payment or verification);
- Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, TripAdvisor or Instagram (if you use your account with them to sign up / in with us), if applicable;
- Service providers, business partners, suppliers, subcontractors or agents (for example, IT services, travel planning, reservation, booking, rewards management, customer relationship management, business development and marketing support services) who perform functions such as marketing, payment, fulfilment and delivery of orders, administration and processing of payments, as well as bookings and reservations;
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- Vendors who provide services to us, such as fulfilling orders, providing data processing and other information technology services, managing promotions, carrying out research and analysis, and personalising individual Broadwick Soho customer experiences. We do not allow these vendors to use this information or to share it for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf;
- Government or other law enforcement agencies, in connection with the investigation of unlawful activities or for other legal reasons (this may include your location information);
- Third parties, who acquire us or substantially all of our assets, in which case your personal data (including any sensitive personal data) will be one of the transferred assets (however, we will let you know before this happens); and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Broadwick Soho website.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITE
Broadwick Soho website may contain links to other third-party websites and microsites, whose privacy practices may differ from those of Broadwick Soho. If you submit personal data to any of those sites, your personal data is not subject to this privacy statement but may be subject to a privacy statement applicable to a third-party site.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will only be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected as outlined in this privacy statement and for the purpose of satisfying our business (accounting and reporting) or legal requirements, but also to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In addition, certain information may be stored indefinitely due to technical constraints and will be blocked from further processing for purposes which are not mandatory by law.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data can be requested by contacting us by phone on +44 (0)207 047 4000 or via email at [email protected]. If you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing list, your personal data will still be retained on our database to the extent permitted by law.
HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep your personal data secure. Our technical and organisational procedures are designed to protect your personal data from accidental, unlawful or unauthorised loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. While we make efforts to protect our information systems, no website, mobile application, computer system, or transmission of information over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or inadvertent disclosure.
The personal data that we hold about you will be stored either on our servers or using third party data storage providers in England or if elsewhere, in compliance with applicable data protection laws. We may post a notice on the relevant Broadwick Soho website, notify you by email or contact you otherwise if a security breach occurs and such breach presents a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Access - you have the right to access data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Rectification or erasure - you have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right to retain it). This right does not extend to non-personal data. Please note that your rights to request erasure may be limited by applicable law.
- Restriction - you also have the right to restrict us from processing your personal data if the data is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful, or we no longer need your personal data for the purposes for which we hold it.
- Data portability - you have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller if the legal basis for processing such personal data is consent.
- Object /change of preferences - you have a right to request that we stop processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. For example, if you have given your consent to receive updates or other marketing communications, but have changed your mind, you have the ability to opt out from receiving such communications going forward by contacting us by phone on +44 (0)207 047 4000 or via email at [email protected] or by clicking the relevant link in any communications you receive.
- Complaints - if for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, please contact us by phone on +44 (0)207 047 4000 or via email at [email protected]. If you are still not happy, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office.
We will comply with your request to exercise the above-mentioned rights, to the extent required by applicable law. However, if you ask us to stop processing your personal data in certain ways or erase your personal data, and this type of processing or data is needed to facilitate your use of the Broadwick Soho website or is required for us to provide you with a service, you may not be able to use the Broadwick Soho website or the service as you did before.
This does not include your right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. You can exercise this right at any time without restrictions. Please allow at least three working days for your request to be actioned.
To protect your confidentiality and to comply with applicable data protection laws, we may need to confirm your identity before we can action your request (for example, we will respond to a request as long as the email address is identical to that you have registered with us or otherwise provided to us, we may ask for a scanned copy of your photo ID or for you to confirm details of your transaction history with us). When contacting us, please state your name and provide valid contact details. As mentioned above, protecting your confidentiality and complying with applicable data protection laws is important to us and Broadwick Soho may therefore refuse to comply with any request unless it is supplied with such information as it may reasonably require to verify your identity. We will respond to your requests within a reasonable time and in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
A "cookie" is a small text file that is placed onto an Internet user's web browser or device and is used to remember and/or obtain information about the user and a "web beacon" is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email and is used to track activity, which are also sometimes referred to as pixels and tags.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Broadwick Soho website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Broadwick Soho website when they are using it. They also enable us to see how users use the Broadwick Soho website. This helps us to improve the way the Broadwick Soho website works.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Broadwick Soho website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Broadwick Soho website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
By clicking "agree" on the cookie consent box when you first access the Broadwick Soho website and by continuing to access and use the Broadwick Soho website you accept our use of the cookies. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Broadwick Soho website.
For more detailed information about cookies and how they can be managed and deleted, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement is in effect as of the date noted at the top of the statement. We may change our privacy statement from time to time. Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page. Such changes will be binding as soon as they are published on this page.
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy statement. By continuing to use the Broadwick Soho website or continuing to allow us to retain or process your personal data following any such changes to our privacy statement, you are deemed to have accepted such changes unless you expressly notify us otherwise in writing (except to the extent we are required to make such changes in accordance with applicable law).
Where we need to seek updated, additional or different consents from you, we will, of course, do so.
QUERIES, COMMENTS, REQUESTS AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions, comments, requests or complaints about our collection, use or disclosure of personal data, or regarding this privacy statement, please contact us by phone on +44 (0)207 047 4000 or via email at [email protected]. Please also contact us if you would like to update or amend any of your personal data which you have provided to us or if you believe our records relating to your personal data are incorrect. When contacting us please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, comment, request or complaint. We would like to reassure you that we will take any privacy complaint seriously and such complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner.
We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need (for example, your name and valid contact details, as well as proof of identity such as a scanned copy of your photo ID or details about your transactions with us). If we cannot reasonably satisfy ourselves of your identity, we may not be able to deal with your query, comment, request or complaint.
Contact us by phone on +44 (0)207 047 4000 or via email at [email protected]
Broadwick Soho Office
Data Privacy Office
17-18 Great Pulteney Street
London W1F 9NE
This privacy statement is published in the English language (English Version). In the event of any inconsistency in the terms of the privacy statement between the English Version and any other translated language versions, the terms of the privacy statement in the English Version shall prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.